Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

The last two days have been anything but quiet, whew, yesterday I went on a 3 hour free tour of the city, I learned a lot, in one ear a out the other. Brandenburg Gate was the first stop, then to other areas such as Checkpoint Charlie, which is now is a tourist haven and very gimmicky. However what is sobering is the Berlin Wall, I also went to the Jewish Memorial, make it what you will, I would still like to go the the underground museum and will most likely do that tomorrow. Today was a long day, sort of, since it's sunday nothing really opens until noon. So I went to The Berlin Cathedral, I also went to Museum Island, which consists of 5 museums, mostly filled with pieces from Italy and Egypt.

Hm I think I already learned all I could about Italy last year during the 2 week tour, although I was trying to find the German Museum and it took me a while to find it, by then I had lost my pass for all the museums, but the ticket lady asked which museums i'd been to, I told her and she gave me another ticket, that was pretty awesome. I also went to the street vendors, some things looked neat other things looked cheap. Lots of Asian things, of coarse there's a lot of Asian supermarkets and restaurants. So far it's been pretty rainy here, mostly rain in the afternoon, but today it rained most of the day. Maybe a boat tour tomorrow? It's my last day tomorrow of full sightseeing so I have to make it count, who knows when or if i'll be back here. Pictures will eventually come soon, I still need to load them on my computer, I know how to do it, it's the question of when i'll do it. Anyway tah for for now

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa, I'm enjoying reading your blog! Want pix, though!

    ReplyDelete