It's been a couple of days since I wrote on this blog, when I last was on I was in Dresden, The night before my last day there I ate dinner at the hostel's free dinner and met a couple of people, some traveling alone and others traveling in pairs. I met a young guy from Toronto and a young woman from Dallas who is a flight attendant, she's in Germany for a couple months to learn German for her job. We decided to go to the National Forest in Schmilka, which isn't far from Dresden, I thought it was going to be scenic trails and not much climbing, as did the other girl. Not so much as a climb up a mountain, well I guess hill, it was steep and there were rocks as paths, I gave up halfway through as did, Cathy the other girl. We decided to go back down and meet Francis from Toronto by the boat. Turns out the bunker that he wanted to get to was a lot farther then he anticipated, so he turned back at a small village. I took a gamble and it was fun.
The next day I left pretty early not wanting to be in the crowds and turns out the trains weren't that crowded at all on a Saturday, on the way to Nurnburg, I sat across from a lady that kept on giggling for no reason at all, made me nervous, but I couldn't change seats. However the most interesting thing about the ride was that the ticket taker only looked at my ticket and didn't stamp it. When I got on the train to Nurnburg no one went through the cabin, so basically I kind of had a free day of travel, kinda cool. On a side note though I would like to go back and explore Nurnburg someday for a couple of days.
I got to Munich Saturday and didn't feel like doing much, however today I went on a tour of Dachau, it was interesting and made you open your eyes a little more. None of the original buildings are really there anymore only some exist, but i'm glad I did it. I did meet a few girls on that tour, 2 were from Kentucky traveling for 3 weeks and another one from Canada traveling by herself for 7 weeks and then going to Ireland to work, just because. I thought that was interesting. Tomorrow is a free walking tour of Munich and who knows, I'm only really here for two full days, Munich is a place i'd like to go back to. The internet is a little to slow here to upload pictures, so possibly in Paris. I think that's all for now and i'll be writing the next blog from Paris!
p.s. I know no one may find this the greatest thing in the world, but I did laundry so now I have clean clothes!
so are the washers and dryers as small as they are on HGTV? just kidding. Glad you're keeping clean. :) Sounds like you're having fun - your info is interesting and good pics! Dome is amazing. Take care :) Ant C
ReplyDelete