Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sighs of Relief

Life can just be so hectic, it's weird to think that in just under 4 weeks I will be headed to London, it's so close yet far away. I finally got my visa in the mail, only I didn't realize it, about a week ago I received my packet of information back from the British Embassy in New York. All week I was wondering when I was going to receive my visa, however I wasn't home for a week, I was up in Buena Vista at my parents cottage. When I got home I looked for it in the stack of mail, it wasn't there, I looked up the UPS code and it said that it was delivered. This made me worried, really worried, I looked in my packet to make sure it wasn't in there, and I looked up more info about when it would maybe arrive. It occurred to me that maybe it was put in my passport, and boy I had a huge sigh of relief. Turns out the visa was just a piece of paper that was put in my passport. Now I feel a little dumb, I thought it was going to be like my passport, nope, I also should have asked my dad, he would have told me, cause he knows about these type of things. I felt dumb, really dumb, blonde moment.

So now that I have everything taken care of for London all I need to do is pack and look for a place with my roommates. We've looked for places, and we've talked about where we want to live, we've looked for real estate companies. The only thing is that we need to look at flats in person, i'm excited to finally meet the girls i've only been talking to over skype and facebook. I've also been talking to a lot of people that are going to Sotheby's in the fall, they all seem pretty cool, I can't wait to meet everyone and hang out. There is also another person from Colorado, go figure. So no more updates until i'm actually in London.

During the last month or so i've begun to realize what i'll miss in Colorado when i'm in London, aside from my family and friends: mountains, snowboarding, sunsets, hiking, kayaking, etc. This last month i've seen these amazing sunsets either in Monument or in Buena Vista, i've posted them on facebook. Anyway i'm sure I can do some of those things in the U.K. but not as much, i'm hoping I won't be relegated to the city, i'm hoping that I will have time to get out of the city and just chill. If I don't have the time, i'm hoping that i'll just spend as much time in the parks or the museums. I'll miss being able to drive to see friends that are just a couple miles away or in the next state over. I know I don't drive down to NM all that much, but when I want to, and I can fit it in my schedule from time to time, I do it. I want to now, but I can't, sorry friends. I'm looking forward to amazing opportunities and new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment