Thursday, May 24, 2012

You’re Killin’ me Smalls

First, the title of this blog, if you haven't seen the movie The Sandlot, then you're missing out, it just means that you're exasperated with someone.

This semester at Sotheby’s has been nothing but papers with very little rest in between, except strangely for February, I didn't have anything due. I started off this year with a paper and then I had two papers due within a week of each other. Not to mention presentations, sometimes not knowing what the hell I was going to present about and usually bullshitting my way through it. Twice that has happened, and I’m not going to let that happen again, I have to present to a panel in a month, ok less than a month, eek! Whoops, I think I hyperventilated right there. Where was I? right, I have to present to a panel what I’m supposed to be writing my dissertation on and tell them how I’m going to go about things. I have yet to fully decide what I want to do, but I think a recent talk with some alums from my course helped a little. They told us we could contact them should we have any questions, of course that’s going to happen, because one of the women that was answering questions seemed very knowledgeable of my ideas for my dissertation and where and how to help me….hopefully…..maybe?

Ok, where was I, oh right, so four papers (i'm counting the paper from January that was from the fall semester) and four presentations later I still have one last paper that’s due in June, I just finished a big project. The project was put together in about two weeks, due to some difficulties with my class, whatever, we pulled it off, I did ok, the others did great. My writing style is slowly improving; I’d rather have feedback on how I can fix it then feedback on my paper when I go in for meetings. Ugh all this negativity can always be attributed to the weather; seriously it had been raining pretty much every day for the past month, or has been muggy or cold, now it’s just muggy. Yeah, yeah I know it’s London and it’s supposed to be like that, but what I wouldn’t give for some cool, sunny days. I would love to have a slight tan, instead of an English tan, I am so white. Though it is about time to cut my hair and it's going to be really short.

However going out on a positive note I did get an internship at a photography gallery, even if it is one day a week, it is still experience. I’m happy about that, it means that i’ll be able to do something other then work on my dissertation this summer. 

(If this blog seems all over the place, it is, my brain has just turned to mush so if i'm repeating myself, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment