Due to how crazy stressful October was I didn’t write a
blog, I didn’t have the time to set aside to write something other then my
dissertation. Though I’m done! After 4 months of writing, researching, mini
breakdowns, and as much stress as I could handle, along with many glasses of
wine or cider I handed my dissertation in on October 31. I moved to London to
pursue a master’s degree and I did it, if I had to do it again I’d still do it
the same way. 14 months of writing papers and attending classes and whew, it was
hard, but I’m glad I had the chance to do this, even though I’ll be in debt
probably the rest of my life.
I had some fun at the beginning of October, I went to my
first metal show, due to a friend being the drummer in the band. That was an
experience, I’m so glad that I wasn’t in the crowd, we were off to the side of
the stage. Metal music isn’t that bad, listening to the guitar riffs and drums instead
of the lyrics makes it tolerable (I might get in trouble for saying that). I’ve been around it for the past year due to
friends liking it. That actually was a weird weekend, I was supposed to work on
my dissertation, but that didn’t happen. My parents came into town but I didn’t
have much time for them as I already had plans with friends. I was out with
friends that whole extended weekend, so obviously I didn’t get much done
dissertation wise. I went up to Northern Wales to meet up with my parents. I
needed that, I had to get out of London, again. I couldn’t think what I needed
to do to change my dissertation, I just couldn’t work on it. Anyway in Wales I
saw so much in the short amount of time I was there. I would make a separate
blog but I’m too lazy to do that. We stayed at Dyserth Falls Resort and we went
to see castles, ruins of an Abbey, and went to Snowdonia National Park, which
was beautiful. Yes I was the person lugging my big camera and my handheld
camera around. When we went back to London I had to get back to my
dissertation, my parents stayed with me for a few days. I needed to get back to
a normal schedule with writing.
The last few weeks were a blur, literally I can’t remember
what I did other then my dissertation. The week before it was due I was on a
time crunch, I wanted to bring my dissertation to the printers a few days
before it was due. I was having trouble with my Abstract, Intro, and
Conclusion, I was also talking to my parents every day about my paper and
sending them drafts to correct. I’m so glad they were there, I may have wanted
to kill them at some points, but I’m glad they pushed me. If they hadn’t I
would have still been writing my paper a day or two before it was due. After I
went to the printer/binder I went to an exhibition and just had the day to
myself, mainly because either friends had left or were still working on their
dissertation. The next night however I met up with my friends Michelle and
Jonny to go see Devin Townsend. I almost got caught in a mosh pit, backed up
just enough to get out of it only to get whipped in the face by a guy with
dreads who was head banging, that was gross. The show was a lot of fun, not amazing,
but that’s all that counts. I can’t say this enough but I’m glad they
introduced me to his music, it got me though the last few months.
When I needed to unwind or concentrate I put on his music. It wasn't always his music, obviously I listen to other stuff, but every time I needed a moment to unwind his music always helped my mood. My
stress is behind me, my dissertation is turned in, but it was so weird seeing all the work I put into
it bound up in 80 pages.
So now what? I guess on to a new adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment