It’s always good to have a plan, even a little one, me? I
apparently didn’t have a great plan when I left London. It was find a job,
and/or internship; yup that was it, great, but shitty plan huh? It has been two months
since I moved back to the U.S. and now I need a better plan, with my parents
pushing me, in a good way, I need to find a job, I have bills to pay. Right now
I’m applying for jobs and internships here and elsewhere, namely Chicago, but
I’ll go just about anywhere except for a few places, New York being one of
them. I don’t have anything against it, but it isn’t where I want to live,
yeah, I know, picky. Colorado is
not the place to be if I want to apply for art/photography jobs and
internships, there are very few galleries and museums here. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve applied to the
places I can, though who knows if I’ll get a call back, as a lot of them don’t
want you calling them, they’ll call you. I don’t like that mentality, but it is
what it is, I realize I will have to call smaller galleries, I hate doing that,
but I know I’ll have to.
What I need to do is get out of my comfort zone, again. I've always gone out of it to an extent, for example, I was quiet in high
school, yeah I still am a little, but I’m more outgoing now and always up for
anything. In high school I took acting classes and that was pretty much it. I
moved to New Mexico to attend university, I was so far out of everything that I
knew. I joined a sorority, probably the best decision I made, I made life long
friends there. I went on a five week backpacking trip on my own, and I moved to
London. All of those things are out of my comfort zone, but I do it anyway
because I want to challenge myself and also because I want to do it. I did so
much out of my comfort zone this last year, I wanted a challenge, sure I was
hesitant, but I went for it. I guess that’s my mantra on life. It’s my desire
to travel and experience different cultures, that’s what shapes me as a person,
experiencing different things.
So what now, just pack up my stuff and move to a state where I have family and friends or just move somewhere new altogether, where I don't know a single person. I would rather move somewhere where I know people and meet new people who can help me with a career.
I just gasped. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with NYC.
ReplyDelete