2011 was an eventful year to say the least, I set out to make changes in my life, though I just didn't know how much change the year would bring. I wanted to try new things and travel more, after backpacking through Europe in 2010 I had the bug to get out more. At the beginning of the year I tried out yoga, loved it and i'll try picking it back up again this year with the DVD's my mom gave me. I was an ESL tutor (English as a second language). I liked teaching however much it didn't pay off with my tutoree, maybe i'll do that again one day. I applied and was accepted into Sotheby's Institute of Art in London, i'm not going to rehash any of that here since it's already been detailed to death in another post. I moved to London and have two great roommates, i've made some very good friends.
Anyway I went back to Colorado for two weeks this December for Christmas with my family and as much fun as that was I was ready to go after the first week. To do something different for a change I went to Chicago to spend New Years with a friend and her friends. To say the least those 4 days in Chicago were very eventful and so much fun, I wish I could have spent a little more time there and taken pictures, however awesome trips like that don't usually have pictures, i've learned that before. I won't rehash those 4 days, a lot happened, fantastic ok! But so it goes and i'm back in London. I'm excited to start my second semester but not as excited to start thinking so early about my dissertation :P. I don't know when i'll be back in the U.S. other then at the end of March when my class goes to New York for a week. It may suck not knowing when i'll be back, but I know that i'll eventually get a good job with this degree. Doesn't matter where, I thought the U.K. would be ideal, but who knows where this will take me, and you know what? I'm ok with that.
p.s. If this says that it was posted on Dec. 21, obviously it's lying, I posted on Jan. 4th or 5th, otherwise this thing is psychic and could tell what I did for New Years.
I went ot Chicago a few years ago and it WAS lovely! It was November when I went and it snowed every day. My friend {who is a professional photographer} took some lovely shots of me and SONshine. AH, thanks for the memory!
ReplyDelete