Here’s the problem, I always expect too much or expect
certain results on possibly anything I do. I realize I shouldn’t but it’s who
I am. I over think, a lot, and when I over think those results don’t follow
through I am sometimes disappointed either with myself or with the event that
had just happened. When I attend informational meetings in something that is of
interest to me I may expect too much. There are times when I know I can be uptight
about many things, but it’s only because I’m anxious to know what’s going on.
It’s definitely not a good trait but I’m working on it.
In a way I have been feeling uninspired lately, I’m not sure
why, but when I was writing my last essay I just did not want to write about
it, aside from being really sick when I first started researching and writing it. It could be that I didn’t care for half the subject, which can be a major
problem. If I don’t show interest then the essay suffers in creativity and
especially in writing. I’m not settling with the idea of something being ok
when it could be excellent. I think what comes with inspiration is doing the
things you love. I was completely immersed in studying the last part of last
semester so I wasn’t doing much of anything else. This year I intend to
try different things, I want to attend lectures, I want to explore more
galleries and eventually, I’m hoping, it’ll help inspire me with an idea for my
dissertation. Which, while I’m on the subject, I have an idea of what I want to
do, but it could always change. However, I’m hoping when I start attending
events I’ll become inspired and not be stuck like I have been. I’m looking
forward to going to and trying out new things. All I have to do in between
research and writing this semester is look around at what’s going on.
When something unexpected happens I go with the flow, because, really, what else can you do? Every
time something like that happens I embrace it and I’ll grow from those
experiences. Obviously unexpected events are random and that’s what makes it
even more fun!
I heart you. I dig this new background, by the by.
ReplyDeleteMay I may a header for your blog?
ReplyDelete